Blogging, Web and Wiki Tools My Class My Head My Heart My World Slice of Life Series

Introducing…. Me #Slice2013

As though my plate isn’t full enough already, I am working with Matthew Williams in an online class, Teaching with Digital Media Online – Spring 2013.  Matt has introduced me to some activities that are similar to what I do now, just better. Don’t you love it, a chance to work with other educators who do some of the same things that you do just in a different way. AWESOME <3

I took the class because I wanted to shine as this online techie diva who knew everything and could do it all well. Ha Ha Ha. (I really didn’t think that … wellll, yes I did.) What happened instead is that I have an opportunity to collaborate and consult with other educators and try out different things or the same things differently.

One of the first projects was this autobiographical image PowerPoint. I had not tried to do this before and I am lovvvving it. Having the students to capture their lives via images is a great thing to do because it makes them focus on the best visual to use to say what they want said.

This assignment can easily be adapted for reading response activities. Have them create a presentation like this for story characters. Don’t you love it when you can actually create something that can be used in your classroom.

Thanks Matt.

So today’s slice focuses on my journal to gain more resources as a Lifelong Learner and how I share this knowledge with others. I am a connected educator and proud of it. This is slice 2 of 31.

2 Comments