Blogging, Web and Wiki Tools My Class My Head My Heart My World Professional Development Reflections

My Blog is for Sharing

I am a Techie Teacher, Lifelong Learner, Mother of 2 and Facilitator of Many. 

My name is Valerie Burton and I am online.  I am an English Teacher, Intel Trainer, Den Star & Techno Geek who is trying to improve education one tweet, blog and wiki at a time.  I infuse technology into my class as often as I can.  I use my Promethean board and projector regularly.  My assignments are posted on an assignment blog daily, on my whiteboard/chalkboard not so much.  I read books occasionally, I read tweets and blogs often.

I blog because I lovvvve to talk about education, my students, resources to use in my class and more educational stuff.  Blogging is a way of sharing ideas and resources.

I hope to share with you, my readers, thoughts, pictures, articles, and videos, that highlight the resources, influences and tools that lead to good teachers becoming more creative and better teachers.

If you are not interested in education, this probably isn’t the place for you.

My posts are categorized by their purpose and subject matter:

• some of the things that I am doing, or want to do, or know can be done in any classroom. These posts will be labeled N my Class
  • some of the things that I am reading about and watching untangle in the world around me.  These posts will be labeled N my World. 
  • some of the things that I am thinking about that might have some relevance to you or someone that you know.  These posts will be labeled N my Head.
  • some of the things that I have created, either a writing piece (now that I am a member of the Greater New Orleans Writing Project) or some other creative piece that I have made.  These posts will be labeled N my Heart.