My Presentations My World Professional Development

#EdCamp Swag

This year we have some t-shirts to spread around as give-aways.  

Why?  Because I want to spread the word.  I want someone to put on this t-shirt next month and smile about the session that I facilitated about using Weebly.com to create websites, or Paula’s session about Edmodo, or Tinashe’s session about iPads, or any number of informative and insightful education related conversations they had on July 7th at our Free Day of Learning.

EdCamps are such a powerful vehicle for learning that I want to make sure that we grow them in this area.  I want schools Jefferson Parish to hold EdCamps for subject matter teachers, I want RSD schools to host EdCamps to collaborate and develop system wide projects, I want ACSA to host EdCamps to develop cross-curricular activities to benefit the students.  I want Louisiana Educators to embrace the notion that nobody knows what teachers want better than the teachers themselves, so… let them decide what to be Professionally Developed about.