21 Techie Tchr Topics Professional Development Reflections Showcasing work

Pattie Maes researches the tools we use

I have come across Ted Talks often and I tune in, listen and then reflect and move on feeling inspired and ready to take on the world. I feel as though I have selfishly been keeping that feeling allll to myself.  I am determined to change this.   This schoolyear I am determined to share these wonderful messages.  I will try to share a Talk every other week and have them to blog a response to it.

FYI I am an English Language Arts Teacher and I love nothing better than to have them watch a movie and then write about it.  LOL.  But Ted Talks bring with them more than the numbing movie and popcorn feeling.  This is so much more.  These reflections and tips have the power to make you think and then rethink your position and duties in the world.

This Talk is from Pattie Maes’ lab at MIT.  She and her team have created a projector device that allows for 24/7 access to the resources afforded us with connections to the internet.  The device gives you the ability to interact in ways that are for now only in my dreams.

What I take away from this Talk is…

I need to help my students find that place within them where they feel free, creative, inspired, driven, curious and valued so that they can produce, publish, create, debate, defend, demonstrate, reflect, improve and evaluate their world to make it better.

Heeeere’s Pattie Maes