21 Techie Tchr Topics My Tips

Staying Organized – 21 techie tchr topics

I promise not to make promises that I won’t keep, I promise

Most of us have been in a situation where we made a promise that for one reason or another we were unable to keep.

Have you ever been  disappointed because someone made you a promise that  they failed to keep?   Or when did you break a promise that you made to someone else?

I will be honest and say that I do it often.  Not to be mean, but I get overwhelmed.  Staying organized will help you to keep more promises.  To yourself and to others.  There are many ways of staying organized.

PDAs/Smartphones

Here is a picture of mine.   Need I say more.  I keep my life in this device.  Notes, pictures, work documents and last but not least phone numbers and emails of course.

Google calendars to stay on top of appointments.  These calendars can be embedded for easy viewing by everyone.  You can create a different calendar dedicated to different activities: homework, project due dates, family appointments or work related appointments.  The calendars can be stand alone or they can be combined.

Online document storage so that you can always find your documents.  Here is an example of what a Google Docs folder looks like.  This folder contains sample templates for my students to use to help them with our Poetry Unit.  With Google docs, you can save your documents as webpages or as online documents that can be downloaded.

From the Evernote site, they say that it is their intent  “to give everyone the ability to easily capture any moment, idea, inspiration, or experience whenever they want using whichever device or platform they find most convenient, and then to make all of that information easy to find.”  I have only been using them for a few weeks but it is a great way to collect bits and pieces of ‘must save’ site links, article notes or interesting pictures.

BookMarks

Use Deli.cio.us to bookmark (save the link location) sites of interest.  Delicious gives me a centralized online storage system for my bookmarks and eliminates the hassle of synchronizing them between multiple computers.  Because it has a social networking component you can collect friends and share resources.

Another Bookmarking system is Diigo.  They also are a social networking based platform that allows you to save links to be viewed later.  Here is link to my bookmarks.

Do you have any organizing tools to add to my list.