Uncategorized

Online gaming for review?

Recently my students created onl-line arcade games around a novel that we have just completed.  Thanks to my Twitter PLN and  @russeltarr and his Classtools site, my students created a game to help them review for an upcoming test.  In groups, they accessed an Etherpad workspace that allowed them to collaborate with one another and create questions AND answers to questions based on the characters and events from the novel, Hurricane Song by Paul Volponi.

They did not want to admit it but they enjoyed the assignment.   Their directions were to create 20 questions and copy and paste them into the ClassTool game generator site.  Here are some of their games.

1. Their Game
  2. Their Game
  3. Their Game

I realize that because you are not familiar with the story; it is difficult to play but aren’t they great?  Here are some of the other games that can be found on the site:  these 2 samples will allow you to see the games Sample 1 or Sample 2.   The process was really easy.  Just put questions and answers into the game generator and password protect it so that it can’t be changed without a password.  You will  create your online game once you click the sharing wheel at the bottom of screen.

Online gaming fun to be had by all.  How many ways can you use this site and these tools? Infinity + 1? I know I can.  Happy gaming.