Blogging, Web and Wiki Tools

I am good at sharing Tech Tools and Tips

I am good at…..

This sentence can fill many of us with panic as we try to determine what it is that we do that is GOOD.

• What do I like to do? That is easy – share what I do in class
  • What am I ok at?  Also easy – share what I do in class
  • But, What I am good at?  Good at?  It takes self confidence and self reflection to answer that one.

I can honestly say that I AM GOOD AT SHARING TECH TOOLS AND TIPS.  I love sharing technology integration methods and resources with teachers and teachers and I do it well.  I feel empowered when I have the opportunity to share what I do in my classes with others.  Many times what I show off is not an exemplary example but an average example of the work that we have completed. I think that the focus should be on the technology resources and steps taken to produce the work.  I want teachers to see our Weebly ePortfolios and think that they are great but I also want them to think of ways to improve upon what I have done.

Everyone who knows me knows that I like to share.  I create screencasts, blog posts, digital movies, etc. to talk about what we are doing and how you too can do it.  I am passionate about my sharing and want the world to know it.  I always hope that my kids can find something that they are passionate about as well.  I try to offer them many venues to use to publish their work.  I make the choice that they have to publish work, but it is up to them to determine the methods that they would like to use to showcase their work.  I try to give them support and help build their confidence so that they can feel compelled to show off their good work.

This post was generated as a response to one of the Actions on the Teacher 2.0 site.  I have recently joined Steve Hargadon’s Teacher 2.0: Using the Web for Your Personal and Professional Growth site.  The site has 14 actions to take you on a professional development journey of self discovery and professional commitment.

Action #1 is to join Teacher 2.0

Action #2 is to share one thing that you are good at or have a talent for

The post begins by directing you to check out the #YouMatter message from Angela Maiers.  She says, “you matter!”  “I Believe These Two Words Can Change Lives and Change The World.” ~ (www.angelamaiers.com)