21 Techie Tchr Topics Blogging, Web and Wiki Tools My Presentations Professional Development

I love playing in the techie digital sandbox

Yesterday I created another teaser video for my K12 Online Conference.

Why?

I Don’t Know

Because….???…..

I love creating photomovies and Animoto allows me to combine photos and video clips.  I am ADDICTED to creating photomovies. (A feeling that I want for all of my students – to love creating and sharing work.)

@AngelaMaiers delivered the #K12Online 2011 preconference keynote, The Sandbox Manifesto, yesterday and it was inspirational.  She had two basic messages for us:

1. Don’t be afraid to play – play can lead to brilliance
  2. YOU MATTER

I guess I created another video because …. I could.

I could play in the digital storytelling, photomovie making sandbox, so I did.  I like playing in the Web 2.0 techie sandbox and I want as many people as possible to play in there as well.  That is the joy of this year’s K12 Online Conference Theme: Purposeful Play.  PLAYING and teaching our students and colleagues to play with a purpose.  I have been playing in the Web 2.0 Sandbox for several years and I want everyone to know how fun it can be.

I often say that the computer allows me to be the artist that I was meant to be. I don’t sing, I dance fairly well but on the computer.. I feel like a true creative spirit.  I feel AWESOME. I feel empowered to change the world by tweeting, blogging, wikiing, creating photomovies, taking and sharing pictures, making websites, etc.

I feel that I MATTER. @AngelaMaiers‘s message of #YouMatter is a powerful one that we all need to feel and embrace.  We do matter and we need to remember it and act like it.