W. O. W.

Shakespeare Unit

Romeo:
But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief
That thou, her maid, art far more fair than she.

We are currently studying  “Romeo and Juliet

This is the ?th year that I have done Shakespeare with my class. Each year I do something new.  This year was a “planning” year for me.  I did some of the assignments, but I did not spend as much time as I normally do.  Did the students suffer for it?  I hope not.  I made sure that we went over the basics: literary elements, plot elements, character development and monologues/sonnets/soliloquies/oh my.    My Scholars will have to demonstrate their understanding of the play by:

“Romeo and Juliet“ Assignments

1. For background knowledge, the students will complete a  webquest for Romeo and Juliet WIKIPAGE.
  2. Scholars will be studying the Characters from play and the Key Facts about play . Here is the plot diagram for the play. Click here for a variety of Power Points or click here to see 2 videos about the movie.
  3. The class will also create Insults and Compliments. Compliments will be posted onto the Class Blog and Insults will be posted onto the Class Blog as well.
  4. We did not have time to Illuminate a Sonnet and create a Sonnet Movie using Photopeach, but it was planned.
  5. Here is a GoogleSite that I created to house some of the many Shakespeare resources that I have accumulated.